Thursday, November 6, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!

Oh my goodness! It's a boy! Can you believe it? Another boy in the family. All of the soon to be or already dads are excited about having all boys so they can start their basketball team. Our guys are soooo crazy, but you have to love them. :) Nick and I are so excited. I know I was rooting for a girl, but it was all worth having a boy to see the look on Nick's face. He was so full of pride and excitement. It just melted my heart to see the soon-to-be dad so proud.


I went into the doctor's office first and Nick had to wait in the waiting area. I know, I didn't like being there without Nick, but the nurse has to take all the measurements of the baby before she can let any family member into the room. It is very important that the nurse can focus on evaluating the baby without being interrupted with questions. We completely understood. Whatever needed to be done to check our little pumpkinhead was okay with us. It was a sign of relief to see our baby on that screen and know that he was okay. I was so amazed and in awe to see him on the screen. The nurse made a comment on how she was having trouble getting his measurements, because he was so active. She called him a wiggle worm. :) I told her I had been contemplating on drinking a cup of coffee that morning to make sure he was alert and moving around. Can you imagine if I had that cup of coffee? He would have been out of control. :) Nick was finally brought in to view the baby and I couldn't wait until he set his eyes on him. He was just as amazed as I was. He couldn't take his eyes off the screen. As the nurse was explaining the different parts of our baby, we were both looking at the frontal view thinking, "I don't see anything between his legs." We were both sure it was a girl, until she asked us if we were ready to find out the sex. When we both said yes, she gave us an under view and there was no mistaking what we saw. Nick right away was thinking yes it's a boy. The nurse confirmed by saying, "There is no mistaking that. It is definitely a boy!" He was not shy. As you can see in the picture above, his legs were wide open showing off his goods. Nick was too cute. In his favorite Borat voice he said, "YES! High five!" He could not contain his excitement. We were both overjoyed and soon-to-be proud parents of a baby boy just a little over a pound.


The ultrasound video (down below) may look a little weird, but it is still so cute to watch. This is one of many. All of the dark areas are fluid. You can clearly see his spine and his beating heart. Isn't it amazing how much he is moving? I wish I could feel his every move, but the position of my placenta is acting as a thick cushion between me and the baby. The doctor is certain that I will start to feel him in my 20-23rd week of pregnancy. I can't wait until that day comes! :) He was continuously putting his hands in his face. It was too cute. He was also kicking like crazy. There were a few 3-D ultrasounds that she was able to get. One was a clear view of his legs and the other two were a side profile of his face and his hand balled up next to his mouth. He might be a thumb sucker. :) He is too precious. Nick says he saw my forehead. Look carefully and see what you think.


We were so excited we went to celebrate at Fogo De Chao (a Brazilian Restaurant). This is Nick's favorite place to eat. Then we went straight to Babies-R-Us and registered. Talk about eager beavers. :) We couldn't help ourselves. Nick was adorable when we arrived there. It was early in the day so there were hardly any people there, but Nick was ecstatic to find a parking spot in the front for Expectant Mothers Only. He was so proud to be able to take advantage of this privilege. Mind you, the parking lot was empty. :) You gotta love him! It was such an exhausting and exciting day all rolled into one. We finally made it home to collapse on our sofa and watch our videos of our little boy once again. This whole experience has been surreal. I can't even explain how full my heart feels at this moment. We are so lucky to be able to experience the miracle of having a baby together.






1 comment:

erica p said...

AWE Fish! It's a little Nick! I'm I'm so happy for you guys, especially Nick... (woohoo! little RED RAIDER)! This is such a huge blessing for you to experience the joy of having your first baby be a boy. I couldn't be happier. Your family is complete now. I know that you wanted a girl to name her Mary, but no matter what gma will be watching over takin care of you guys especially the baby!! I love you guys....muah! :) Talk to you soon!

Er'